Photo Credit: HarvardEthics / Flickr
Trump counselor Kellyanne Conway charges that media coverage of Donald Trump lacks “respect for and recognition of the dignity for the office of the president.”
No, Kellyanne, it’s Donald Trump who lacks respect for and recognition of the dignity of the office of the president.
A small sampling of Trump’s words and actions from recent days:
1. After being told of a Texas state senator who wants to require convictions before the state can forfeit property, Trump asks for the senator’s name and says “we’ll destroy his career.”
2. In response to criticism by Senator John McCain that his Yemen operation wasn’t successful, Trump says McCain “only emboldens the enemy! He’s been losing so long he doesn’t know how to win anymore.”
3. After Senator Richard Blumenthal relates that his Supreme Court nominee finds Trump’s criticisms of the courts “demoralizing,” Trump blasts Blumenthal “who never fought in Vietnam when he said for years he had (major lie), now misrepresents what Judge Gorsuch told him.”
4. Trump tells the press that “daughter Ivanka has been treated so unfairly by @Nordstrom,” after Nordstrom dropped her line due to declining sales.
5. Trump tells military officials that America’s “very dishonest press doesn’t want to report” acts of terrorism.
6. Trump threatens to “end the sanctuary cities that have…